Examples of activities include:
- Minibeast safaris, looking at differing habitats such as woodland, grassland, dead wood, and the ground level. For older children, we can use worksheets to help them question why creatures are different, which can be followed up in the classroom.
- Art activities using natural materials found in the outdoors.
- Leaf prints and natural dyes.
- Creating simple musical instruments from natural materials.
- Challenge activities, such as problem solving.
- Bringing history to life from hunting and gathering through to medieval building techniques using wattle and daub.
- Helping wildlife by constructing and erecting nest boxes, for birds, bats or hedgehogs.
- Traditional countryside crafts such as besom broom making.
- Den building or elf houses.
- Willow weaving.
This list is not exhaustive we would be happy to explore ideas with you, to suit your needs.
We normally provide all materials and resources as part of our service, along with identifying a suitable venue if necessary.